'Fernando' A Blanket for Winter Babies
This is a free pattern with purchase of the accompanying wool. Please only select 'buy now' if you have also added the relevant wool to your knitting basket.
Ladies frequently come into the store and open the conversation with: “I haven’t knitted for 30 years and I am going to be a Grandma. I want to knit for my new grandchild but I’m nervous of tackling anything complicated”.
This blanket it the perfect project for the new, nervous or lapsed knitter.
Using the 2 basic stitches of knit and purl and the most glorious alpaca yarn, this project ticks all the boxes. It’s easy to knit, and the luxurious yarn is perfect for a very special baby.
To make your life as simple as possible we will pop a length of contrast yarn into your parcel for the lazy daisy embroidery.
- Yarn: 5 balls of Chaska ‘MUHU’ Pure Baby Alpaca
- OR 3 balls of Chaska Takama Organic Cotton and Alpaca for an equally gorgeous blanket for a Summer baby.
- Needles: 4mm and a big-eyed sewing needle for securing your yarn ends.
- Size: Approximately 75 cm long and 55 cm wide. Perfect for a bassinette or a baby car seat.
- Sample Colour: MUHU 'Great Aunt Lucy'